Using linker scripts with dlopen

Hi,

On Gentoo Linux, many important shared libraries are represented by linker scripts rather than the actual library. For GHC Haskell, I created a patch (see http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/2615) that looks beyond the linker script when a dlopen attempts to load the shared object and gets a linker script instead. Recently, I noticed that this code has been adopted by others for different languages. This got me thinking that there might be some interest in incorporating this feature directly into libc.

Please let me know if there is any interest and I will send a patch.

Cheers,

Howard B. Golden
Northridge, California, USA