Re: [Libtirpc-devel] Fwd: Re: proposed patch to rpcbind to providefiner-grained security controls than offered by the -i option

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Chuck Lever wrote:

> glibc's rpcgen probably does not support generating TI-RPC-capable
> source, so IMO a likely scenario is that we will try to find a more
> recent version of rpcgen and, barring any licensing issues, port that.
>  The port would then replace the glibc version of rpcgen.

If you do that, then I'd suggest making the new rpcgen a separate package
from libtirpc.  (In cross-compilation scenarios, it's likely people may
want to build rpcgen for the host but libtirpc for the target.  Since I
don't think the output of rpcgen depends at all on the target
architecture, given a separate rpcgen package there should be no further
complications involved in supporting cross compilation.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com