Re: RFC: Test optimizations for multiple architectures

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com> wrote:
>> My hjl/test-ifunc does that and it is transparent to glibc developers
>> who work on testsuite.
>
> Yet it ignores the other issues I raised.

I assume you meant

---
Conceivably it could make sense to make this a user-accessible feature too.
I'm sure one day there will be some bug or performance workaround issue
where someone wants to tweak the selection of functions at runtime.  But
there is not really any good interface for that, so we probably should not
be eager to decide it.  If we have a GLIBC_PRIVATE entry point that we use
in our tests, then it will always be possible for someone sufficiently
desperate to write a LD_PRELOAD kludge that calls it or suchlike.
---

I consider it as a separate issue.  Override selection of functions at runtime
may not be easy since it is called quite earlier during start up.  I don't
want to spend my time on it.

--
H.J.