Re: Many tests fail when gcc passes --no-add-needed to linker

Those bogus characters in error messages indicate you are using an old
binutils.  You should try the build on a Fedora 13 (beta) install.
There have been fixes other than just that bogus message.

I've just fixed the bona fide problems that were obvious.  Now all
that remains is elf/tst-tls1[012].  For these I have not spent the
time to grok the tests enough to know if there is something subtle
going on or not.  At first blush it looks like tst-tls10 should link
against tst-tlsmod7, tst-tls11 against tst-tlsmod9, and tst-tls12
against tst-tlsmod11.  But I didn't want to fiddle those before being
sure what's really intended in the test code.

Thanks,
Roland