Re: Glibc release check-list

     * Write up an announcement and send it to libc-alpha@ and
   libc-announce@. (BTW, no release announcements are sent there for a
   while now.)

Would be more useful to use info-gnu@ than libc-announce@.

     * Ask Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> to create and upload
   tarballs on ftp.gnu.org.

Don't forget about a upload to sourceware.org.

     I'm the least sure about the last point - signing of the tarballs
   is also involved; will Alfred take care of all that, or should
   Roland be signing all releases, or should the release manager be
   involved in this?

I do not have an opinion about who makes the whole tarball dance
procedure, do I'm more than glad to do it if it makes life easier to
the release manager.  Most of it can be automated by using gnupload
anyway.