libc tarballs

Hi!

Was asked by Roland to discuss this here, so here we go.

Lots of users have asked to have tarballs, since this puts undue
burden on the maintainers I voluenteered to make them, and upload them
to ftp.gnu.org.

How would you all like this to be handled?  Ideally, one should only
need to run `make distcheck gnupload' or similar, and have it do
everything.

Do you have any specific wishes regarding this?  Like a different
bug-reporting message?  Do you want to check that the tarballs
correspond to the CVS tree before upload to ftp.gnu.org?  Should
previous versions be uploaded as well, or only new?

Cheers, Alfred.