Re: glibc tarballs available

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 10:29:59 Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Brett Neumeier wrote:
> > In case anyone is interested -- I've created glibc 2.8 and 2.9
> > tarballs, from the libc and ports modules, and made them available at:
> >
> > http://toolchain.freesa.org/
>
> Brett,
>
> Thanks for doing this!
>
> Would you mind putting this information up on the wiki?
>
> Section: "Obtaining the source"
> http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/HomePage

i dont think we should do this haphazardly ... in other words, someone who is
"trusted" (like you Carlos) needs to download the source tarballs and verify
that they match exactly what is in cvs (or one of the snapshots).  then you
can sign the binary and send that to Brett to mirror along side the tarballs.

that said, i dont see why people insist on creating snaps themselves.  we
already have perfectly good snaps (that were created with accepted methods)
being generated and posted weekly.  that is what Gentoo is using for glibc-2.8
-- one of the snaps created automatically.
-mike