randomized stack protector value

Hello!

I recently found Jakub Jelinek's excellent randomization patch[1]
for glibc's stack protection value (see _dl_setup_stack_chk_guard).
This method is preferred over --enable-stackguard-randomization which
opens /dev/urandom on every exec (which is considered to be too expensive
for general use).

I'd like to see this "good enough randomization" option in mainline glibc,
but I could not find any discussion of it (though there is reference to
the feature existing[2]).

What would be needed to help get this approved?

Thanks,

-Kees

[1] http://launchpadlibrarian.net/18024140/glibc_2.8~20080505-0ubuntu6_2.8~20080505-0ubuntu7.diff.gz
[2] http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2007-06/msg00112.html