Re: CLDR and glibc

I have not been involved in merging the data, so I don't know the full
answer. From what I've read, I have concluded that they do not match
fully, but require manual manipulation.

My understanding is that some data was imported from ICU (by IBM?) a
couple of years ago. ICU uses CLDR, so that would be the place to start
looking. Does anyone know who was involved in doing the work? Or what
problems showed up? The current CLDR (1.6) is different from what it was
a couple of years ago, with many changes and additions. It also has
updated data for many locales. Therefore it would be nice to know if
further work has been done to check the two sets of data against each
other, and/or find a way to automate the process.

Troy

> use CLDR data. I tried to look for a decisive answer, but couldn't
find
> one. Does someone know if there is a documented decision on how the
two
> datasets are coordinated?

I do not know the answer to your question, but got one question on my
own.  Are the two data sets compatible?  Ie, can a glibc locale file
be generated from CLDR and/or can a CLDR entry be generated from a
glibc locale file?  Are there tools available for doing so?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen