Re: [patch] Remove sprof default installation

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Olivier Fourdan <ofourdan@redhat.com> wrote:
>> As gprof/-pg/sprof is now obsoleted by oprofile suggesting to start
>> removing its support rather than fixing it.

I don't think gprof is obsolete. Did you talk to the community about
this? Is this documented somewhere?

> I have just opened yesterday a bugzilla to fix sprof in glibc with a
> proposed patch (see bug#458861)
>
> That patch for glibc is trivial seem to work fine.

Which bugzilla? I would like to have a look at your patch. Thanks.

I've used sprof many times in the past and found it usefull. I'll
pitch in to help fix and test this feature on mainline.

Cheers,
Carlos.