Re: Non-responsive list

On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 15:13 -0700, David Miller wrote:
> The list postings are 5+ hours delayed, and it can take up to a week
> for even clueful people to get their patches applied.

Postings are 5+ hours delayed at times because libc-alpha is now under
moderation.  The purpose being so that we can redirect postings that are
off topic to the new mailing list libc-help.  Unfortunately the delay
can be relatively long because there are very few moderator volunteers
at this time.

Regarding it taking time to get patches applied, you think a week is a
long time?  A method that Ulrich has suggested we use is to open a
bugzilla for a feature addition, mark it's severity as 'enhancement' and
leave the priority as normal.

For patches that fix bugs, unless the bug is pressing or obviously high
severity it will probably be ignored on this mailing list for quite some
time.  It should have a bugzilla created for it so that it shows up on
Ulrich's radar.

Ryan S. Arnold
IBM Linux Technology Center