Re: ABI freeze for GLIBC_2.4

Le mercredi 04 janvier 2006 Ã 12:30 -0800, Roland McGrath a Ãcrit :
> Jakub, Ulrich, and I are involved in the development of Fedora Core.
> Current development/test versions of Fedora Core are already using the trunk
> code with GLIBC_2.4 version set.  This system is in pre-release state and
> its ABIs still subject to change, but it is already giving pretty heavy
> testing to the current glibc code (compiled with GCC 4.1).  If you are
> working on another system or project that is now or will soon be testing
> glibc binaries with the GLIBC_2.4 set based on the trunk code, please tell
> us about it here on the mailing list.

I do most of the maintenance for the Ubuntu glibc packages.  Our current
development release (Dapper) is going to release with 2.3.6 in April.
Somewhere on my TODO list is "figure out if we should try for 2.4 for
the October release".

Based on this freeze, a 2.4-based glibc should enter our development
repository at the end of April.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

* Canonical Ltd * Ubuntu Service and Support * +1 514 691 7221 *

Linux for Human Beings.