Libc Porting Help

Hello Everyone,
    Greetings! I have a question about porting libc to a processor. I have
created a propriatery processor and I have ported GCC and binutils to
the processor's instruction set. Also, I have created an instruction
simulator (even handles system calls) in C++ for the same. I want to
run a benchmark (for example, SPEC 2K) through my simulator. For this,
I need stdio and other c library headers. What are the necessary
requirements for me to do this? Do I need to port a linux kernel to
this? Or can somehow get away with the native Linux Kernel I am using
to compile the benchmarks? My main goal is to run the benchmark
through the simulator. Is there any specific manuals or tutorials that
target toward this? I am sorry if my question is slightly openended.

Any form of help is highly appreciated.

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,

Balaji V. Iyer.

PS. Please CC me when responding, since I am not a member of this mailing
list.