Re: demise of linuxthreads

> At least for the short term, I am willing to do this - I'm involved
> with at least three different projects that still use LinuxThreads, and
> while they'll all hopefully migrate away from it soon, the timetable is
> out of my hands.  Strictly maintenance, of course.

Fine by me.  You usually know what you are doing, so I am happy to let you
have at it (even if it does turn out later that I am forced to care what
the state of the code is).  You should be enabled to commit to it in ports
now.  I think it would be appropriate to post all your changes here in the
traditional way.  I'll leave it to your judgment whether you commit before
posting or wait for feedback from others.

As I am still dealing with maintaining it in 2.3, if you find bugs that
might exist in 2.3 then please point those fixes out to me for backporting
consideration.  For changes that go into 2.3, there will always be bugzilla
entries.  Feel free to use glibc bugzilla entries in the linuxthreads
category for your ports trunk as well.

Thanks,
Roland