This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ppc64 vDSO in mainline
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Steve Munroe <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:14:52 +1100
- Subject: Re: ppc64 vDSO in mainline
- References: <200503240216.j2O2Grdd031019@magilla.sf.frob.com>
On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 18:16 -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> But if the descriptors are going to be synthesized by the dynamic linker
> anyway, then it is indeed quite simple to make them with whatever address
> you like.
Yes, though where does the dynamic linker itself will find this value ?
another AT_* entry ?
Also, that would be different between 32 and 64 bits vDSO which I'm
trying to keep as much in sync as possible... but that isn't that much
of a problem.