This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: NPTL support for MIPS
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:25:20 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: NPTL support for MIPS
> This is entirely within LinuxThreads. Both libc.so and libpthread.so
> will try to access p_errno, which has to be at a common offset in this
> structure. This "padding" is unused in libc.so, but used in
> libpthread.so, and it lives before p_errno - so when it isn't included,
> libc clobbers the wrong location in the descriptor when it tries to set
Why is it located there?