Re: forestalling GNU incompatibility - proposal for binary relative dynamic linking

Dropped gcc@gcc.gnu.org CC, this is not relevant for that.

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 09:38:55AM +0100, Rene Rebe wrote:
> >Please back that up with facts, otherwise this claim is completely useless.
> >Red Hat glibc is definitely compatible with Fedora one and to my knowledge
> >other distributions when applying patches to glibc are just putting in
> >backports
> >of glibc TRUNK changes, at least if it involves symbol version changes.
> >
> >glibc-2.3.4 has been widely tested and is certainly stable.
>
> When we are at that ;-) Does it include 64bit user-space on sparc64 (did
> anyone ever actually used that)? I ask, because I get some segfaults and
> SIGBUS using glibc-2.3.4 and gcc-3.4.3 ... (still tracking them).

No guarantees about sparc64.  I have built sparc{,v9,64} glibc and
make check tested it before release (v9 both with linuxthreads and NPTL,
others only with linuxthreads), but that's about.

But there is stable glibc-2_3-branch that non-invasive fixes for the arches
can go in.

	Jakub