Re: glibc 2.3.3 ldconfig breaks openssl's libssl.so

> (BTW, if anyone knows a tool I can use to quickly see what string is
> used for the DT_SONAME of an ELF .so binary, do let me know. As it is,
> I have to use elfdump to find the string table and index offsets and
> then find things using a hex editor. Yuck!)

Well, it's pointed to by the DT_SONAME tag in the .dynamic section, and
readelf knows how to display this prettily. Something like

readelf --dynamic $ELF_BINARY |\

does the trick.

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing