a known problem with base Linux described in IBM WMQ V5.2/5.3 QuickBeginnings

Hello everyone,

I would like to know any information about a known problem with base
Linux which is described in IBM Websphere MQ V5.2/5.3 Quick Beginnings
manual which has been initialy published in 2000/OCT. In the manual,
the old GNATS bug report number is listed. But I knew lately that the
glibc GNATS has been changed to BUGZILLA but the old reports have not
been moved to Bugzilla.
If you remember anything about the know problem, please tell me.

The following description is pasted from IBM WMQ QB manual.
|AMQ_INHIBIT_DLCLOSE
|Set the environment variable AMQ_INHIBIT_DLCLOSE=TRUE globally to
|overcome a known problem with base Linux. Details of the known problem
|can be found at:
|www-gnats.gnu.org:8080/cgi-bin/wwwgnats.pl/full/1738
|The effect of setting the environment variable is to prevent WebSphere MQ
|from calling the dlclose()function to unload shared libraries that were
|dynamically loaded using dlopen()within WebSphere MQ libraries.
|The typical effect of not setting this environment variable is a
|segmentation violation shortly after an MQDISC from a threaded process
|(either a WebSphere MQ internal process or a user application). This is
|a temporary workaround and will not be required when a fix to the base
|Linux problem is available.

Best Regards,

Hitoshi Endoh
from Tokyo Japan

#1 Customer System Support, Client Technical Support,
System Technical Service Center
Integrated Technology Services
IBM Global Service.