Re: Fix alpha compilation failure

GOTO Masanori wrote:

> The current cvs failed to compile on alpha with linux kernel < 2.6.4,
> because old version did not have __NR_{fstat,lstat,stat}64.  This
> patch checks such syscalls are actually defined.

This patch is not correct.  The code should never set errno unless it's
necessary.  It's allowed by the standard, yes, but we still don't do it.

Secondly, it would be good to introduce an appropriate __ASSUME_* macro.
 I know, this is nothing you introduced but still, it needs fixing.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â