Re: Fwd: glibc suggested speed improvement to strcasestr.c

On Monday 19 April 2004 23:54, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> I'm sending this yet a 3rd time.... hopefully 3rd-time-is-a-charm  ;-)
>
>Did you find the glibc bug database,
><URL:http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/>?  Adding the patch there
>would reduce the chance of it being forgotten.

I will do as you suggest and enter it as a bug.
I did not look because there was no bug. It is only a speed improvement.
glibc-2.3.2 tar (feb 26) suggested bug-glibc@gnu.org as best direction for
non-bug related messages. I also like email better as it is easier to
document from my point of view (on day xyz I sent message abc...etc).
some sort of webpage entry does not appeal as much unless it sends a reply
back saying on day xyz I sent message abc...etc.)
Thank you to gnu@gnu.org ["Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> ] for
pointing me to libc-alpha@sources.redhat.com

I have not used bug-glibc@gnu.org or bugzilla before, but I am a little
puzzled why bug-glibc@gnu.org no longer works and a little more puzzled
why it is a redhat mail address (nothing wrong with redhat) but I think it
would be a simple matter of redirecting bug-glibc@gnu.org to the redhat
email address.
Is there nobody at gnu.org with web administration authority to redirect
the email traffic from bug-glibc@gnu.org to redhat?
Thanks in advance if you can answer this puzzling question.

>The use of bugzilla is fairly new, so not all documentation is updated
>to mention it yet.

Yes it is new.
No, I did not know about that.

thanks