crosstool 0.27 problems

I have some problems with build a cross toolchain for powerpc64 from an x86. I
am trying to use linux 2.4.24, gcc 3.4 and binutils cvs head. Latter I will
try linux 2.6 again.

I had to a new item to  case $TARGET :
powerpc64*) ARCH=ppc64

replace  --enable-add-ons   with --enable-add-ons=linuxthreads (glibc
complains about building nptl and linuxthreads simultaneously).

and before compiling glibc create this link:

cd ${PREFIX}/lib/gcc/$TARGET/3.4.0/
ln -s libgcc.a libgcc_eh.a
cd -

Unfortunately this was not enough. Now the process fails while linking
32/libgcc_s_32.so:
crti.o: No such file

The file crti.o exists in a "lib64" dir. Gcc is searching for it on the
corresponding "lib" dir. If I copy the file from one directory to the other
then gcc complains about a missing -lc. Coping this one to the error is:
 skipping incompatible ...../lib/libc.a when searching for -lc

cannot find -lc

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Rafael Ávila de Espíndola