Glibc-BSD project started at Savannah

Hi there!

I recently started the Glibc-BSD project at Savannah. Its purpose is to
maintain the unofficial ports of Glibc to FreeBSD's and NetBSD's kernels
untill they're ready to be integrated into mainstream Glibc sources. See:

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/glibc-bsd

We have a mailing list, glibc-bsd-hackers, and a set of working patches
against Glibc 2.3 for FreeBSD's kernel. I invite everyone to come, look
at it and participate.

We're maintaining this as a base for the Debian GNU/FreeBSD [1] distribution,
and we're looking for help specialy from hackers experienced with Glibc or
with *BSD's kernel interfaces, although anyone with a minimal C knowledge
is certainly able to participate (heh, I'm participating amn't I?).

There are many tasks to be done, from replacing the dirty hacks you'll find
in our patch set with correct fixes, to updating the patches for newer Glibc
versions. You can also simply help by subscribing to the list and providing
technical assistance to the other developers. If you're willing to help,
please send a mail to glibc-bsd-hackers@nongnu.org.

[1] the Debian GNU/FreeBSD distribution, based on Glibc, has reached a fair
stage of usability. It is fully self-hosting for development and even usable
for production systems. For details, see:

  http://www.debian.org/ports/freebsd/gnu-libc-based

--
Robert Millan