Submitting locale patches for glibc

Hello

I plan to spend some time working on the locales in GNU libc.  It seem
to need some caring hands. :)

I've tried to submit information into the bug tracking system, but
without success yet.  I belive some of the bugs reported are just
misunderstandings, and wanted to submit this into the bug database.

Others need changes.  How do you prefer to get suggested patches
submitted?  To this list, or into the bug tracking system?