Re: memory limits and thread stack sizes

Robert Schweikert <Robert dot Schweikert at abaqus dot com> writes:

> Andreas,
>
> Thanks for the answers. I cooked up a little test program and allocating
> more than 2GB were not a problem on SuSE 7.3 or SuSE 8.0. I could not
> test on RedHat as we do not have a machine with sufficient memory and
> swap space running RedHat. Since the test case works the issue must lie
> in our application somewhere.
>
> I am aware that SuSE ships the sources, I just never quite figured out
> how I can find out how the build was actually configured. Plus I have
> never built glibc myself thus I do not know exactly what to look for.
> Can you provide some insight into this?

You really should not build it yourself but use the supplied version.

But rebuilding with RPM is not that difficult.  You can use the build
script that comes with SuSE 8.0 or use rpm directly as documented in
the RPM manuals.  You just have to take care that you compile the
package for i686 if you like to have floating stacks.

Andreas
P.S. Please follow-up privatly, I think this is off-topic here.

--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj at suse dot de