Re: Binary compatibility loss regarding errno

>> Consider this program:
>>
>> int rename (const char *, const char *);
>> extern int errno;
>>
>> int main()
>> {
>>   printf ("%d\n", errno);
>>   errno = 1;
>>   printf ("%d\n", errno);
>>   rename ("foof", "barf");
>>   printf ("%d\n", errno);
>>   return 0;
>> }

I've read all the messges in this thread in the mailing list archive
(found via googling), and I can't quite tell if there is a conclusion
and what that is.  Will RH 8.1 (final) maintain binary compatibility
with respect to errno?  Just trying to make product support plans and
knowing this answer would help.  Thanks.

Kevin Layer
Franz Inc.