Re: intl patches (8)

Roland McGrath writes:
> I've put in patches 1 through 7

Thanks.

> It would much be better if you sent us changes as they happen, ...
> Annual batches are bad.

For a bundle of 8 patches, it means 8 times more work for me to send
the changes one by one. The main part of this work is to
compile/install/test a libc with the patches.

However, if I could send untested patches (clearly marked as such) to
you for testing and inclusion, I would have no problem with sending
you changes as they happen in gettext/intl.

> That is the protocol for all sources that live in glibc but are
> shared by other packages.

I'm sorry to say that this is not strictly the case any more. There
are some portability changes in the gettext/intl that Ulrich has
refused to put in the glibc/intl (like O_BINARY in the open()
calls). Therefore all I can do is to reduce the differences to a
minimum, but not to zero.

Bruno