aio_suspend glibc-2.3 Vs 2.2.5

Greetings all , the aio_suspend code in glibc-2.3, goes like this
for all entries in list
if list is NULL then return ( actually a break. but doesnot matter )
if not EINPROGRESS then return
if requestlist NULL then return
end for
suspend the thread
return retval
In glibc-2.2.5 thread is suspended only if list is not NULL && thread is EINPROGRESS && requestlist is not NULL. But the only difference is , if any of the conditions is not met then IT STILL continues to process the rest of the entries in the list unlike in glibc-2.3 wherein the loop is broken once any one of the conditions of any one of the entries turn out to be false.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can help out in explaning me why aio_suspend is now in the state it is. What bugs in it ( in 2.2.5) prompted for this change ?

Changelog quotes "Add check for completed elements and not suspend thread if so". I could not make anything out of this.

Thanks in advance.
Bourne