Re: libio

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 02:42:31PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 12:04:11PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> >
> >> Related to this, any chance of making argp() work standalone?
> >> Several projects (at least GNU mailutils and LSH) ship hacked copies
> >> of argp from libc for non-glibc systems.
> >
> > I keep meaning to merge this into gnulib for projects to use.  If the
> > glibc folks won't do this for you, is the current mailutils version
> > good enough that I can just use that one?
>
> Actually I'm using the copy from LSH since it has its own autoconf and
> build environment set up so it is easier to incorporate into a
> project.  I haven't looked at how mailutils integrate argp, but I it
> seems tied into the mailutils build environment.

Niels Moeller once wrote a stand alone version that also is reentrant
because it doesn't use getopt.  That is quite useful.

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.lysator.liu.se:/cvsroot/lsh co argp

There was also a version on gnu-utils or so (sorry no reference).

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/