Status - compiling on hppa / ld sigsegv's - glibc 2.2.93

Ulrich,

Good afternoon, my name is Carlos O'Donell and I'm
going to be actively supporting glibc on hppa.

I've been testing against 2.2.92/93 and ironing out
patches to match recent chagnes.

We're working hard on fixing test failures and trying
to evaluate if we really need/want libgcc-compat (ala
PowerPC). I am also working on some current fixes for
ld segfaults in hppa during the 93 build process.

We have a fair number of patches, plus some of my own that
are required to get hppa to build on the latest CVS.

I will eventually be cleaning these up and posting to
libc-alpha for the requisite analysis.

In the meantime, it's rather unfeasible to expect that
this will be easy, especially with the mountain of patches
that we have :)

I'm looking for any advice on how to progress.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
Carlos.