Re: Thread exit leaves zombies ...................

Hi Ulrich,

Are there any plans to fix signal handling in the kernel?  In 2.5 ?
Thanks in advance for your reply....

Regards,
Khoa
Khoa Huynh, Ph.D.
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-4903; T/L 678-4903; khoa@us.ibm.com

                      Ulrich Drepper
                      <drepper@redhat.c        To:       Manoj Nayak/India/IBM@IBMIN
                      om>                      cc:       libc-alpha@sources.redhat.com, Khoa Huynh/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Thread exit leaves zombies ...................
                      drepper@myware.my
                      net

                      01/04/02 11:21 AM
                      Please respond to
                      drepper

"Manoj Nayak" <mnayak@in.ibm.com> writes:

> I am still getting the bug . (pthread_sigmask ( ) can be used in
> multi-threaded programming ).
>
> Can you suggest something regarding the failure of pthread_sigmask ( ) in
> my test case.

Why don't you simply read what I wrote before?  The kernel does not
allow implementing the signal handling correctly.  It will remain
broken until the kernel is changed.