Re: Procedure for introducing a new char. set

"Dinesh Nadarajah" <dxn1972@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi:
>
> Thanks for the info. It cut down the testing debugging time by a day :).
>
> I have completed the code and it all works now. Currently I
> "piggyback" on an existing charset to test it. I would like to
> introduce this sharcter set into the glibc. What si the procedure for
> it.

Tell us more about the charset first.  You have to assign your code to
the FSF for this, I can send you a form if needed (ask me offline for
it).

> I followed an exmaple that I read on the mailing list and modifies the
> Make file and gconv-modules file to see if the new encoding would get
> registered, but I got the following error:
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `tscii.os', needed by `others'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/src/glibc-2.2.4/iconvdata'
> make: *** [iconvdata/others] Error 2

Try make subdirs=iconvdata first.

> I am pretty sure I am not setting all the flags/files for this to
> work. Can someone please pointout what files need to be modified and
> what kind of info. is required in them. I can also email the two files
> to someone with the required info.

Just change iconvdata/Makefile.

> Does this need to be tied to locale data too?

I don't understand your question,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger