Re: libgcc_s.so.1 ASIS won't work with glibc.

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 06:02:46PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:

We have some sort of disconnect here.  I'll annotate your message
with statement letters:

> [A] The v2 __throw may only call __frame_state_for.

> [B] But DSO compiled with g++ v2 will call __register_frame_info
> to register unwind frame.

> [C] __register_frame_info in g++ v2 has a different way to register
> unwind frame than __register_frame_info in g++ v3.

Statements A, B, and C are all true.  However, they are also
all unrelated.  You can't infer anything at all just by writing
them side by side as you have done.

The crucial point is that there should be exactly one location
from which all of __register_frame_info, __deregister_frame_info,
and __frame_state_for are resolved.

If they are not all resolved from the same location, then the
implementation of __frame_state_for will not have all the info
it needs, and you'll fail.

If they are all resolved from the same location, then IT DOES NOT
MATTER ONE IOTA what the implementation of these functions are.
They only have to work with one another.  Together they are a black
box whence you put stuff in on the __register_frame_info side and
get stuff out on the __frame_state_for side.

r~