Re: Problematic linking between glibc and shared libgcc

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 11:59:54PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> already doing that).  That makes people, including me, worry about how
> the GCC team as a whole is committed to, and capable of, maintaining a
> fully backwards compatible ABI for the shared libgcc on those systems
> where GCC is the system compiler.

I am worried. I don't see much commitment from the gcc team on this
issue. IMHO, it should be a show stopper for gcc 3.0 on Linux. Until
an agreement between the gcc team and glibc/Linux team is reached, I
am seeing a big mess ahead for Linux. If you ask me, I believe

1. The share libgcc should be the default for Linux.
2. The glibc/Linux team should have the veto power on now the shared
libgcc is implemented for Linux.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)