Re: [rfc] rint() rounds to even

> Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:
>
> > At any rate, the GNU documentation should be easier to understand than the
> > specification is--reading the manual is not supposed to be a test of
> > personal pedanticism prowess.
>
> This is not the reason and I don't agree with this claim.  Leaving
> things which the standard declares unspecified as such and not
> document the current behavior allows to change the implementation if
> this is wanted in future.

What I meant by my suggestion is to say something rather than nothing, even
if to explicitly say "unspecified and the behavior might change in the
future".  It is useful to be explicitly made aware that you should not be
relying on something that you might not have realized you were depending on
before the manual made you think about it.