fetchmail problem after upgrading to glibc 2.2

Sorry by reporting it here, but I got no replies from the
fetchmail-friends mailing list and now wonder if it's a
problem with my glibc 2.2.

I installed Slackware Linux 7.1 that ships with egcs 1.1.2 and
glibc 2.1.3. Then I upgraded some packages from their -current
tree (security fixes, new bin86, binutils, e2fsprogs, lilo,
procps, and sysklogd - nothing big). After that I started
building my own system, and got fetchmail 5.5.3 to work without
any problems.

I upgraded to gcc 2.95.2, glibc 2.2, db 3.1.17 (moved
libdb-2.1.3.so to /usr/local/lib), and nss_db 2.2. No problems
at all, except that fetchmail (upgraded to 5.5.6 and 5.6.0)
doesn't work anymore in daemon mode after I reconnect to my ISP
(and get a new IP). I didn't changed any /etc files here, so I
don't see what may cause the problem. I also don't see what may
have changed in fetchmail, and since I got no replies I may be
the only one running in daemon mode with a dynamic IP and glibc
2.2.

fetchmail is using ld, libcrypt, libresolv, libc,
libnss_compat, libnsl, libnss_dns, and libnss_files.

Any hints?

--
0@pervalidus.{net, {dyndns.}org} TelFax: 55-21-717-2399 (Niterói-RJ BR)