Re: streambuf.h incompatible after glibc 2.1.96 install. Please advise.

Bruno Haible wrote:

> After installing glibc-2.1.9x, you need to apply a small
> patch for C++, ...

I plan to upgrade from 2.1.3 to 2.2 when it's done. Should I
apply this patch if the compiler is egcs 1.1.2, as shipped by
Slackware 7.1? Or it's only for gcc 2.95.2?

And since I'm very worried about upgrading it, doing what's on
glibc22install-HOWTO, but using LC_ALL=C make install
DESTDIR=/some/safe/directory and start moving the files
manually with Midnight Commander to their locations is a good
idea? Sorry if it's not, but I never upgraded GNU libc from
sources but would like to have 2.2 and keep this system for
years. I just don't like to overwrite files with make install
and don't know if it's going to work without major problems.

--
0@pervalidus.{net, com, dyndns.org}