Re: glibc cvs breaks JDK Mozilla plugin

Hi Jack,

Would you try one thing for me just in case this will quickly show us the
problem (my home machine is only glibc -2.1.3 and I won't have access to my
work machine until Monday at the earliest.

export JAVA_PLUGIN_TRACE=true
strace -f -o bug.log mozilla

Then go to a page with java on it (http://www.blackdown.org)

The -f added to strace will allow the strace to follow into the java_vm
child and it should tell us where it is looking for the libjvm.so file so
that we can determine whether dl-open changes are at fault or simply a bad
path is being passed in from some other bug.

Once you are done, please look for any  ".trace" files in the directory you
launched mozilla from and please send them, the bug.log from strace, and
what you see on the screen to me.  That way I should be able to pinpoint
the problem area relatively quickly.

By the way, does running HelloWorld using just the jdk work (the jdk uses
dl-open to open its own shared libraries and the dladdr trick to find its
location).  It it works, then the problem is probably not a simple one.

Thanks,

Kevin