Re: 2.2 release and documentation updates?

 > Hello,
 > Should documentation updates be in the initial 2.2 release, or
 > will they follow in subsequent releases?

glibc depends on volunteer.  If anybody sends documentation in time
for 2.2, I guess it will be added - but if nobody documents it...

There's no problem with adding the documentation later and IMO this is
no showstopper for 2.2.

 > With releases up to and including 2.1.96, the LinuxThreads
 > documentation is out of date with the implementation, including:
 >  * pthread_mutexattr_init.man discusses:
 >    * Use of non-portable identifiers while the standard ones
 >      from SUSv2 exist.
 >    * Use of pthread_mutexattr_setkind_np() and _getkind_np()
 >      when pthread_mutexattr_settype() and _gettype() appear
 >      to have replaced it.
 > The same errors are present within glibc/manual/

 > I won't be able to write and submit a patch myself for this
 > within the next 2-3 weeks due to work pressures, but knowing the
 > priority of these types of fixes for the glibc people would help
 > me to prioritize this within my schedule.  (Unless someone else
 > would like to do the edits?)

Thanks for volunteering - but I don't know about Uli's schedule,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de