Re: changes in pthread signal handling to achieve posixcompliance?

Hi,

>> Will there still be an option to send a thread specific signal?
>
>There will have to be, because otherwise what would pthread_kill() do?

Good point! I guess I should be more concerned about asynchronous external
signals that need to be handled by applications (sigquit, sigchild of
another thread? etc)?

More specifically, will you still need/use a manager thread in your
pthreads implementation?  Right now you also use the manager thread to make
your sem_post asynch signal safe.  If the goal of these changes is to speed
up thread creation, what changes will occur and when?

I guess I am asking, is this something I need to worry about for glibc 2.2
and kernel 2.4 or would changes like this be restricted to some glibc 2.2.X
or higher release?

Thanks for any info,

Kevin

--
Kevin B. Hendricks, Associate Professor of Operations and Information
Technology