Re: [Various] libc/1295: *.so.map files not found

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 12:36:43PM +0000, mclinden@informed.net wrote:
> This may be correct, but I cannot find a place in the Makefile where the
> scripts are actually called. This makes me wonder if the Makefile is not
> built, properly. The GNU make version is 3.77.  I must admit that I am not
> that well versed in the Makerules and the like to understand what the
> Makefile SHOULD look like but there is definitely nothing that would cause
> any of the AWK scripts to be run.

  I'm currently using make-3.77.95 (up from make-3.76.1) and gawk-3.0.4.
You have to patch make-3.77.95 to return the version in the old format or
glibc will fail to detect it correctly, or patch glibc to be less picky.
I understand from the make-folks that glibc will be the one that gets
fixed in the long run.

  I have a script that builds glibc, so I know I haven't had to change
it in a long time.  Certainly not between the glibc-2.1.x versions.

PGP signature