Re: glibc-2.1.x current CVS; proposed patches

Hi Gert,

 > Hi,
 > several weeks ago i started to watch the development of glibc-2.1.x.
 > i looked at the releases, mailing-lists and CVS-distribution.

 > I repeatedly checked the configure and building-phase on Solaris-Systems
 > (Solaris 2.4 - 2.7), while taking into account your recommandations
 > concerning the GNU-tools:  gcc-2.8.1, make-3.77,  ....

So, how far did you come with the port?  Solaris isn't supported yet.
Jeff Bailey send a note in March about the current status of Solaris
2.6 support which you might want to read in the libc-alpha archives.
If you could continue the port, we'd appreciate it.

 > In the building-phase of the CVS-Version of 99-07-31 however, I noticed
 > some problems which IMHO are of interest for you:

 > As this is my first attempt to make some hopefully constructive proposals,
 > I ask you kindly for hints if you find something wrong with the size or
 > kind of information i've written in this mail.
That's fine, thanks.

Ulrich, please check and add the patches, they look ok to me.

Cheers
Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de