glibc 2.1.1pre3

Hi,

I thought 2.1.1pre2 would be the last test release but I had to
implement one new feature and we got a number of bug reports.  So I've
made 2.1.1pre3.  The files

	glibc-2.1.1pre3.tar.gz			(or .bz2)
	glibc-2.1.1pre2-2.1.1pre3.diff.gz	(or .bz2)
	glibc-linuxthreads-2.1.1pre3.tar.gz	(or .bz2)

are now available at

	ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/glibc
	ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu
	ftp://ftp.XX.kernel.org/pub/software/libs/glibc

(where XX is your country code).

Beside fixing all critical bugs reported we've fixed many memory leaks
in the NIS+ code (you can now have programs running for a long time
though nisplus is in your nsswitch.conf file), two new functions
(getutmp, getutmpx) which are also available on Solaris, dynamic
string tokens are now also allowed in dlopen() parameters and
DT_NEEDED entries, LD_BIND_NOW now also influences dlopen() and a few
performance optimizations (yeah, even more).

Please give it a try and report back so that we finally can release 2.1.1.

Thanks,