Re: built .mo files

On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 05:13:01PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz <drow+@cs.cmu.edu> writes:
>
> > Oh, I guess my /usr/bin/file must be out of date, sorry:
> > po/ko.mo: GNU message catalog (big endian), revision 0, 471 messages
>
> They are generated for a specific endianess but are readable from the
> other one as well.

Oh, it supports either?  Is there a performance difference?

> > In any case, why are these built in the source tree and not cleaned?
>
> Which release of glibc?  2.0* never tried to clean up.

2.0.99 at the moment.  The reason behind all this is that I was
building debian source packages, and the .mo files were out of date
with respect to the .po files; our package tools strongly disliked
changed binary files in the source tree.  If you think they belong
where they are, though, I'll just be sure to regenerate them in
advance.

Dan