Re: glibc-2.0.95 and ndbm.h?

Andreas Schwab <schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> One thing i noticed with the perl testsuite is that db2 now does not
> accept empty size keys any more.  This did work with db1, and neither gdbm
> nor the real ndbm have this restriction (otherwise perl could not use it).

I've talked to Keith and it turns out this is a known problem.  The
solution is probably that the Perl module maintainer will remove this
test and zero sized keys are declared to be a bug.  From what Keith
said everybody who complained about this found the feature missing
only because of bugs in the program and so it is good to see it going
away.