Re: emacs-guile

From: Keisuke Nishida <knishida@sky.sannet.ne.jp>

> At Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:41:31 +0900,
> Keisuke Nishida wrote:
> >
> > >    2. let me use scheme libraries to do functions in emacs, like
> > >    manipulating buffers and so on.
>
> Oops, you can do something with Emacs's buffers using Scheme libraries.
> Try the following in _lisp-interaction-mode_.
>
>   (require 'guile)
>   (guile-import string-upcase)
>
>   (insert (string-upcase (buffer-substring-no-properties 1 100)))

and that returns:

  (require 'guile)
  (guile-import string-upcase)

  (insert (string-upcase (buffer-substring-no-properties 1 115)))  (REQUIRE 'GUILE)
  (GUILE-IMPORT STRING-UPCASE)

  (INSERT (STRING-UPCASE (BUFFER-SUBSTRING-NO-PROPERTIES 1 115)

which is great!  Now I am starting to understand.

> `guile-lisp-eval' is also a Lisp function.  You can use
> `guile-import-module' to import all functions defined in
> a Guile's module.

so guile-import, guile-lisp-eval, guile-import-module are all
your functions from guile.el.  Thanks.

Do we have any capability to do something like C-h f <scheme
function> to learn about the scheme functions in the imported
library?  Do we have to worry about collision with elisp symbols?

Chris