This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: message printing
- To: guile-emacs at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: message printing
- From: Keisuke Nishida <kxn30 at po dot cwru dot edu>
- Date: 08 May 2000 19:48:42 -0400
- References: <20000507172804W.email@example.com>
Satoru Takabayashi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> When I evaluate (display "foo"), "foo" will be printed in
> the *Messages* buffer. I think making the output buffer
> customizable with the `scheme-output-buffer' variable is a
> good idea.
> Moreover, I hope that `scheme-interaction-mode' opens a new
> window automatically when a message is printed. It is nice
> to scroll the window as messages go on just like M-x compile
I've implemented this by rewriting (emacs io). Try
(display (read (current-input-port)))
P.S. I noticed that Guile Emacs sometimes crashes when a Scheme
error occurs. I'll fix this later on...