Re: New internal implementation

Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> wrote:

>> Here is a log:
>
>Did you try this?
>
>4. Recompile patched Emacs Lisp files:
>
>  % emacs -q -batch -f batch-byte-recompile-directory lisp

Thank you for pointing this out.  I forgot to do it when I
reported. I just rebuilt Guile Emacs and the problem were
solved.

>If you extract the source files directly in guile-emacs/src, then
>you don't need to create a patch every time.  I'll add a new file
>INSTALL.CVS for CVS users.

OK, I extracted the source files of emacs-20.6.tar.gz in
guile-emacs/src.  It released me from creating a patch every
time but I feel the installation is still rather troublesome.

| 4. Recompile patched Emacs Lisp files:
|
|   % emacs -q -batch -f batch-byte-recompile-directory lisp
|
| 5. Regenerate the configure script:
|
|   % autoconf

How about preparing `autogen.sh' in the CVS to automate
these forgetful procedures?

| 7. Install the "emacs" subdirectory to somewhere:
|
|   # cd ..
|   # mkdir /usr/local/share/emacs/scheme
|   # cp -r emacs /usr/local/share/emacs/scheme

Can it be done with `make install' as I proposed before?

Probably, it is good to distribute Guile Emacs as an
all-in-one package instead of patch files to emacs-20.6.
People may have difficulty in installation and give up.

-- Satoru Takabayashi