Re: automating %load-path

Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <tosi@ees2.oulu.fi> writes:

> If users add their own Scheme files in different directories,
> they still can alter %load-path in their .emacs.scm.  I think
> this would be a step in the right direction.  I would also like
> automatic installation, but that may be a little difficult to
> implement.  The easiest way might be to put the Scheme files
> under src/emacs-20.6 too.

That is right.  I am not going to demotivate you.  I have added
the two files (Makefile.in and src/epath.in) just now.

From your past mail:
| 2. Add a new macro PATH_SCMLOADSEARCH in src/epaths.in.  If we
|    don't support Scheme in temacs, we don't need
|    PATH_SCMDUMPLOADSEARCH.

I think we don't need PATH_SCMDUMPLOADSEARCH.

| 5. Create a new module (emacs init) and place all Scheme
|    initialization code there.  This could load (emacs io).
|
| 6. Load (emacs init) from lisp/startup.el.

I agree with this.  Maybe we don't need to load ~/.emacs.scm
in lisp/startup.el.

> I'll write a NEWS file based on ChangeLog and recent mails.
> What other documentation do you have in mind: a complete manual
> in Texinfo?  I'm not sure I could manage that.

A list of functions/features might be helpful.  Not necessary to
be written precisely because they will possibly change soon.