Re: using GSL with C++ (was Re: gsl container designs)

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Robert G. Brown <rgb@phy.duke.edu> >
I use C only. ?Consequently I come down in favor of using casts to
type
> e.g. generalized tensor forms, because pointer-based indirection can
> lead to reasonably efficient, highly readable code (and because the GSL
> really needs a generalized tensor form -- the computational universe of
> interest to many scientists is not just one or two dimensional,
> rectangular, with indices starting at 0 or 1.
>
> ? rgb
+1

I mainly use python, numpy, & scipy now. But one of the main reasons
for switching from gsl (aside from the python language) was natural
support and syntax that numpy provides for n-dimensional arrays.  I
typically use arrays with n <= 5.

James
--
http://www-etud.iro.umontreal.ca/~bergstrj